We have a current vacancy for a qualified counsellor to join the Conwy Mind Talking Therapies Hub.
Salary £25,000 pro rate (£10,000 for 15 hours per week)
Closing date 5th April 2021. For an application pack, please email Suzanne.email@example.com
Counsellors help people to overcome their problems and cope with tough situations by providing a safe, confidential and encouraging environment in which to contemplate their emotional state.
A counsellor’s job tends to involve a lot of listening. It’s all about empathy, patience and respect. Rather than offering guidance, counsellors empower service users to make their own decisions. They assist people by offering them a structured and focused way of addressing their problems.
During group sessions and one-to-one meetings, counsellors help people with all kinds of difficulties, from substance abuse and health issues to post-traumatic stress and relationship problems.
As well as talking to people and helping them deal with their problems, counsellors are responsible for referring service users to other organisations where necessary. They’re also in charge of maintaining records and tracking the progress of service users.
1. To be responsible for a client caseload, evaluating each client’s needs and monitoring progress
2. To be responsible for the completion of initial assessments
3. To work with people to overcome early signs of mental health distress such as anxiety, depression and stress
4. Facilitate groups to promote coping mechanisms
5. Where relevant, to signpost/actively refer to other services, internally or externally
6. To follow the guidelines set out be BACP and ensure effective, quality counselling is offered to each client
7. To manage all administration processes accurately and efficiently using Conwy Mind’s Client Record System, Lamplight
8. To deliver an effective service
9. To promote/publicise the service and establish positive customer engagement and input, as well as being involved in promoting general aspects of well-being.
10. To maintain all required records of clients, following confidentiality and data protection policies and procedures, to support the running of this project.
11. To undergo any training relevant to the role either internally or externally.
12. To promote the concepts of social inclusion, early intervention and recovery and ensure this underpins the direction of Conwy Mind. To work within Conwy Mind’s ethos and Mission Statement.
13. To ensure the services reflects a commitment to Equal Opportunities and integration and follow all policies and procedures.
14. Keep abreast of treatments, therapies, policy, legislation and local services relating to well-being.
15. Work as part of the team including helping to cover across the organisation’s duties, within training and experience limitations.
16. To participate in supervision and annual appraisal with the relevant manager and attend training as required.
17. To participate in clinical supervision with the clinical supervisor.
18. To carry out any other tasks as reasonably required by management.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application Deadline: 05/04/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £10,000.00 per yea